Google tag

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Paper Doll Playhouse and Adler Snowtown

Day 13 to the Countdown to Christmas is about the Paper Doll Playhouse. An item that I picked up at an estate sale but can't remember when or where. I gather these items throughout the year and don't really look at them until decorations are unpacked to display. 








Missing it's dresser

When I went to put this Kurt S. Adler Christmas house for sale, I thought it contained Santa. I already have this decoration, much to my surprise the box included the figurine Snowman with Cats! Bonus keeper!


Here is my Adler Snowtown - a happy thrift shop find I enjoy each year. 

What I am listening to - I'll Be Home for Christmas the Lifetime Ensemble.


Recipe of the day is from The Ford Times Cookbook (1968).

Crab Imperial
3 lbs. crabmeat
4 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. flour
1-3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. MSG
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. green pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. onion, chopped
pinch of mace
2 eggs
mayonnaise
paprika

Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour, add milk, and cook over low heat until thick. Add remaining ingredients, except crabmeat and eggs. Remove from heat and stir in beaten eggs, then gently fold in crabmeat. Place mixture in clam shells, brush with mayonnaise, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot and brownness is attained. Serves 6-8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment