Google tag

Monday, December 4, 2023

Simply Delightful Thrifted Ball Gown Day

Countdown to Christmas Day 4 is Simply Delightful Thrifted Ball Gown Day. A day devoted to those beyond amazing ball gowns that you can never wear anywhere (but here). 👗 This Gunne Sax gown I obtained 1/2 off clothes day at hospice thrift. 


Not my best expression, but my best pose - every inch of the outfit is thrifted. 

Including my goofy shot - I have these on a 10 second timer. I wore 3" heels while trying to navigate muddy ground. I would have to toddle back to the camera on each shot in my high heels hoping I wouldn't injure myself. 

In my previous blogging life, I linked up with a group that modeled their thrifted outfits. I had a lot of fun with that. 

On what does one eat when wearing said SDTBG? Sharing a recipe from The Ford Times Cookbook (1968).

BREAST OF CHICKEN A LA KIEV

Select 3 whole skinned chicken breasts and place between pieces of waxed paper. Pound with a mallet until thin, careful not to split the flesh. Sprinkle with salt, monosodium glutamate, and white pepper. Combine 1 tablespoon minced shallots and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Cut 1/4 pound chilled butter lengthwise into 6 sticks. Place 1 teaspoon of shallot-chive mixture and 1 portion of the butter in the center of each chicken breast. Fold sides and ends in, sealing the butter and allowing the wing bone to protrude. Dredge each portion lightly with seasoned flour. Dip into 2 slightly beaten eggs, and coat with breadcrumbs. 

Using a medium-fry flame, heat 1-1/2 cups clarified butter with 1 tablespoon oil and brown chicken breasts on all sides. Place in a 400 degree preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain on absorbent paper. 

Pour 3 cups Sauce Smitaine (sour cream combined with the cream sauce and onions) onto heated serving platter. Arrange chicken breasts in sauce, and serve. Serves 6. 

What I am listening to - Acoustic Christmas Reflections. I have really come to love these all music no vocal recordings.  

Vinyl of the day is a compilation A Christmas to Remember.


If you have an amazing ball gown that deserves it's day in the sun, please link up in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment