Google tag

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Top 30 Christmas CDs

Welcome to Day 14 to the Countdown to Christmas.
I am the self-proclaimed Queen of the Thrift Shop Christmas CD, having collected around 200. As Queen, I am qualified to highlight my Top 30 Favorite Christmas CDs. Sort of listed in order of preference, it is hard to choose one over another. 

1. The Carpenters Christmas Portrait
2. The Dean Martin Christmas Album (with the original Baby It's Cold Outside)
3. The Brothers Cazimero Christmas Collection
4. Donna Summer Christmas Spirit
5. Pink Martini Joy to the World
6. A Christmas Present and Past, Paul Revere & the Raiders
7. The Blind Boys of Alabama, Go Tell it on the Mountain
8. Croon and Swoon, A Classic Christmas
9. A Brenda Lee Christmas in the New Old Fashioned Way
10. Merry Christmas from Doris Day & Dinah Shore
11. Ray Conniff and the Ray Coniff Singers, We wish you a Merry Christmas
12. The Soul of Christmas
13. Christmas with the Norman Luboff Choir
14. A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
15. Christmas through the Years, Judy Garland
16. The Temptations Christmas Card
17. Michael Crawford, a Christmas Album
18. Have Yourself a Tractors Christmas
19. Andy Griffith, the Christmas Quest
20. Christmas Memories, Barbra Streisand
21. Christmas with Johnny Cash
22. Cuba L.A., Navidad Cubana
23. B.J. Thomas, Christmas is Coming Home
24. Neil Diamond, The Christmas Album
25. The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Dig That Crazy Christmas
26. The Rounder Christmas Album, Must be Santa!
27. The Voices of Christmas
28. The Whispers Happy Holidays to You
29. The Brothers Cazimero Christmas Favorites, (yes, the Brothers made the list twice, I love them that much!)
30. The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas

Number 30 is the recording that began my interest in Christmas music collections. I had that set in vinyl during my childhood.  

It was hard to limit it to just 30. I was going to do a Top 10 but then there were some CDs that I just couldn't leave out of the list.  
Time for a reseller's update. My Christmas sweater postings have been a bust. No sales. I won't relist as they expire. 

My next test of what will sell comes in the form of Christmas CDs and a few "best of" cassette tapes. SPCA thrift in Sacramento is closing down and during their last week, CDs, records and cassettes were 25 cents a piece. I snagged 20 Christmas CDs, planning to keep a couple to add to my collection. 


Do you collect Christmas music and who would you add to your list of favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment