Google tag

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Pre-Apocalyptic Burn

Smoke and heat continue to bedevil me and many others here in California. No mind that it is too hot to enjoy the outdoors, but the smoke - that is downright depressing. We can't pull the heat out of the house with the whole house fan in the morning because the smoke is too thick. We are hibernating inside. 

On the lighter side of things, here is the cutest pattern of the day from the sewing pattern sessions of listings on eBay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185021345540

One thrift shop keeps releasing sewing patterns, Round 3 of my purchasing there garnered another 25 patterns, mainly uncut ones. 

While I was in line at hospice thrift, five of the frequent thrifters began conversing and we all shared that 100% of the outfits we were wearing were obtained there. It was a clutch of thrifted fashion! 

I added another piece to my Western art collection. This painting entitled "Skyline" by Don Wohl dated 1981 was gifted to Ray on his birthday 8-26-2005. Now, 16 years later, it joined my household for the princely sum of $5.99! 
I don't usually buy coats because we so rarely need them in this climate. I am headed to Seattle again at the end of October, I could not pass up this amazing leopard print lined car coat in camo green for just a few shekels. 
My frequent readers know that I deal in CDs with listing them on eBay. The ripped music to my laptop is nearly at 1,000 albums. I have expanded my listening choices to include world music that I now routinely enjoy. 

Ending the post with a most appropriate tune and some very busy firemen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment