Google tag

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Another Abstract Entered My Life

My longtime readers know my love of art. I especially love abstracts, in any form. My fav hospice thrift shop was closed for a couple of days for repaving so the volunteers were able to restock and rearrange inside the store. The store's Facebook post showed there were a lot of framed pictures in stock. Glad I took the jaunt up there. 


Not the best image but here is the framed under glass abstract on paper ($16.99 thrift). I hope to fill my sewing annex room with abstracts!

Another fun pattern from my recent purchase of around 50 was this Star Trek one that sold within one day of listing.

Sometimes I keep a sewing pattern. This one I pulled because it is getting increasingly difficult to find cute buttoned up sleeveless collared shirts either retail or thrift. 

Resller update: After my 50% off book sale ends this month, I will be culling books that have not moved and will be sending them back to the Great Thrift Shop Beyond. It seems crafting books such jewelry making have fallen out of favor, along with keeping doll houses. The only cookbooks that are movers are the Red Plaids, vintage 1960s ones, and preserving and canning publications.  

My mission to get rid of my remnant fabric is finally paying off. I have moved to the remnant drawers and will only keep my most favorite. I will then move my quilt projects now in Ziploc bags into the plastic drawers. After the remnant drawers are winnowed down, I will tackle the three dresser drawers full of yardage. Plenty of fabric to go all round and I am always finding more.

Job update - one practice interview down. A few real good applications are in. The state's fiscal year ends in June so in July new positions are created from the budget. I qualify for not only lateral positions but also promotional ones. We will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment