Google tag

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Stuck in the Smoke and That Girl

While smoke from wildfires is trailing by, I am listing more sewing patterns. A couple of neat patterns came through - this one with Marlo Thomas. For those who didn't experience the 1970s, she starred in a TV show called That Girl. 


The idea was groundbreaking at the time. A show about a single, attractive, successful woman living in the city. The 1970s was a period where girls were encouraged to either be teachers or nurses or [insert any traditional woman's role here]. Career paths were pretty limited. On the subject of careers, I can reveal I do have an interview this week. Very excited! A first round online panel interview for an office supervisor position. I chose jobs that were in-office because I want my work life back. My current position is 100% remote at least until year's end but my peers all voted for 100% remote into the future. I was the outlier with a vote to return in office, at the very least 2-3 days a week.  

But back to Marlo, this is my second Marlo's Corner pattern I have found in the wild. This one is from 1975.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184988862110

Reseller update: Sewing patterns are my bread and butter. I only have to sell 2 to make it a $25 day. I do average $100 a week gross profit. Funny thing is the more you list, the more you sell.  

I also get rid of the no or slow starters. Why continue to pay on a listing for say a Santana CD? It is not going to move. It is not rare and you can buy it new at Wally World. 

My three confirmed categories of sales on eBay will be sewing patterns, books and CDs. Goodwill raised its prices again and I see more and more resellers haunting the thrift shops. If I run into the occasional collectible I know has value, I will list it. Like the Nyform Troll  sold recently, I knew it would sell. 

Queued up for listing after the sewing pattern sessions, are quilting books from my personal collection, CDs (in abundance), and Boy Scout items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment