Google tag

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Packed and Ready to Go, and Purchasing the Pyrex

California wildfires are creeping closer to our locale. Seven years ago this month, 9 of the 10 acres burned on the property.  

Glad I've got 3 cat cages, but I could only image the chorus of discontent should we have to pack it up. The cats are rarely confined, the most recent the youngest one having been spayed earlier in the year. 

I would be heartbroken if I would have to leave behind all of the sewing patterns I have listed. They comprise the majority of my listings. On the pattern subject, here is the cutest of the sewing pattern sessions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185005530209

Sometimes parts of the pattern are missing and I can't sell it. This one deserves it's place in the sun for a day, it is missing the pattern instructions. 
Quilt update: I had been on the lookout for a border fabric for the Not-So-Western quilt and found the perfect one. 
Here is an image of the quilt top, pre-border fabric. 
Mystery quilter provided me with this completed backing for a few dollars at thrift that matches my flimsy. Love it when the heavy work has already been completed for me!
Once I get the quilt top to the right size, I will choose either the Old McDonald or The Sheriff as the quilted design. Still on the lookout for a midnight blue batik for the quilt's binding.
Finishing the post with a piece of Pyrex, most fantistical! While I am not a Pyrex phanatic, I do have a few pieces. For $3.99, I am pretty sure I could make a profit on this one. I had never seen this astrological pattern before.

1 comment:

  1. Dear me....fires..That is way too scary. I like your blue star quilt and I wish you safety xo

    ReplyDelete