Google tag

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Do you know what condition my compression is in?

A slight play on words to a great Kenny Rogers song. Compression gloves have made a huge difference in my life. These fingerless ones I wear all day, with the exception of eating and preparing food, and take them off at bedtime. 

Another compression benefit are the knee high socks. I wear those a couple of hours in the evening and take those off at bedtime. My mother, now 93, is frail and has lost the use of her legs. She was always active and walked daily up until her late 80s. 

Will these changes benefit me in 30 years if I live into my 90s?

Thrifting update: I continue to find sewing patterns, fabric and quilt books. Book finds in general have slowed, but I did pick up 3 Red Plaid cookbooks at Goodwill in Washington. My newest eye candy quilt book is 1989 Clues in the Calico, a guide to identifying and dating antique quilts. This will join the keeper collection. 

Reseller update: A book on the Soviet Navy from the Naval Historian's estate sold for $50! I have more than made back my original investment and I have a few possible high dollar collectible ones I need to have valued. 

I have posted this one before, here it is again! One of my favorite songs and one of my favorite versions. It is my birth month, so who knows what else will show up on these posts in celebration of another year. 

Oops, I did it again, applied for an invitation to appear on Antiques Roadshow. The location is on the East Coast. My entry made it in the day before it closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment