Google tag

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Oil painting redo and a hoarder confession.

Before everything went to hell in a hand basket, I made great progress in reducing my hoard. This how-to-become-hoarder post from July of last year was my tentative step in getting it under control. I began listing on ebay. I can only say it has gotten worse. 

One can guess what happened, oh never mind, I will detail it out. Six months of no thrifting, people locked in and the corners of their closets and cabinets came under scrutiny, fear of another lockdown - I have been buying like there is no tomorrow. My She Shed Trailer is filling up fast. I have 600 listings with a total product value of $8,000. Looks like I am well beyond the 250 freebie listings per month. 

Another arena I have ventured into resale is vintage toys. Ones that are 20 years or older, not powered by battery, are my newest focus. The demo YouTube videos seem to be popular for some unknown reason. 

Estate sales in my area have been popping up. I live in an upscale rural area with many, many retirees. Young families can't afford homes in the area as a general rule. Some of these sales are even combinations of estates. (I ask a lot of questions of those hosting sales). The frequency and amount of estate sales have been increasing. Is this Covid-related? I am not the one to say but it concerns me. 

On to other matters - I bought a ring light so it will even out the light on my online meetings AND I can use it to photograph my stuff for sale. 

I have 5 containers of Christmas CDs that hold around 25 each. I pulled 40 Christmas CDs from that stash and others that I know will sell, such as the Mariah Carey Merry Christmas album. I am sure there are more to go. I need to winnow it down to only the CDs that I truly love and am capable of listening to during the few weeks up to Christmas. 

The promised painting alteration images. I bought this framed oil on canvas for $5. 

Before

After the Tami redo

I think I did it justice. My years of painting paid off. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment