Google tag

Monday, August 19, 2019

Thrifting on National Thrift Day

This past weekend, I found the usual suspects for me, a Hawaiian print dress, some Christmas CDs for my annual Countdown to Christmas. There was also a book on specialty seed beading (a craft I did in the 70s). 

I have splurged on 925 silver jewelry recently with this week's purchase of a turquoise necklace ($24) and last month another silver necklace with multi-stone inlay ($30). 

Picked up this "growhouse" for $5. It was an easy put-together, just missing one small connecting pole and the cover. I'll see if the Mr. can fashion something for the pole, so I can complete the kit. It is perfect for starting seeds. 
Nearly finished the OBW grad quilt! Top is done, I just have to add bright batik added to cat-themed backing. Am kicking around the idea of doing another 9 patch similar to the one I just did for me for my daughter's Spice it Up fabric collection. 
The Mr. expressed his preference for quilts queen-sized and larger. Making the smaller quilts was good practice but I have to agree with him, larger quilts seem to be more useful. 

Reselling update: Quilt kits and fabric continue to be the best sellers. Mailing out the lighthouse batik kit this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment