Google tag

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Thrift Gods dropped an OBW

For those not in the know, an OBW is a one block wonder piecing pattern. I had been grousing to myself that I hadn't been the recipient of any secondhand quilt tops. I liked the look of the OBWs but lacked the energy to create one myself. 

The next quilt top is partially completed. Again, another well executed piece of patchwork. 
My last treasure is a retro print piece of fabric (to the right) that blends well with another piece I have been saving. 
There is an upcoming H.S. graduate in the family so I have sent her gramma pictures of the two quilt tops to which one she would like. 

For the grand sum of $10, I had other goodies too, Realtree ladies camo gloves (my last pair from thrift I wore the fingers out), a hunting dog screen protector, and a retractable dog leash (I am always losing them).
Snowline Hospice Thrift posted this on FB.
There were dolls, but I left them for someone else to love. I haven't had any success reselling them. Before, I would have bought all three. The African American ragdolls I have collected are going up for sale on my next listings. The gypsy and quilter dolls were cute but I have to be brutal about my purchases. If I can't resell it or possibly make it into a quilt, then I have to pass it by. 
I might have staged them ...
The graduate has decided she wants the OBW as a queen-sized quilt so I will need to add some borders on that beaut. This too will go to a longarmer so I can keep pace with my other projects. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, someone was doing some serious cleaning out to give such big quilt tops to the thrift store. Lucky you to see them first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lucky you! Those were some great finds!

    https://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete