Google tag

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day, and Fabric Collections

I could not resist this Looney Tunes Pepe Le Pew tie found at thrift. It is beyond adorable.

I have been going through my quilt project bags and am discovering more and more pieces to incorporate into my quilts. 

I pulled jelly roll strips, fabric precut to 2-1/2" width, from two different colorways. I am going to do a wide piano keys borders, one of my favorite ways to extend the sides on a quilt top. 

Cowboy quilt continues along with the addition of three yards of bronco busting fabric. Some recent thrift shop purchase of quilt blocks worked in perfectly. This is the third quilt that the blocks have ended up on the outside of the borders rather than as centerpieces. The backing might become the front, but it doesn't matter as it really is a two-sided quilt. 


I have already purchased the longarm quilting service so I have got to get her cowboy quilt on the road asap. 

On the college front - I have read the entire textbook Women in Art with a month to go until the 8 week course begins on March 18. I updated my college major online with the Los Rios Community College District - now an official Art History major. 

On the personal front - I rarely remember my dreams but the ones that I have been remembering revolve around money. One dream was three different instances where I discovered cash in thrifted books, and such (all dreams). The most recent dream, I found a $100 bill tucked in a sewing pattern (again, a dream). Our Mega Millions lotto was $425 Million. That is, of course, one BIG dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment