Google tag

Thursday, February 29, 2024

February Weird and Wacky and Seller Update

My monthly series continues on thrift shop weird and wacky items. These two superhero paintings landed in up country hospice thrift. 


It was probably a mistake to pass on these two paintings. I would have a tough time explaining to the Mr. why I brought those two stunners home. 

While I see a lot of items I know have value, it comes down to what am I willing to store? 

A few items that defy description seen at the Goodwill boutique in Sacramento, California.





There was not one but two of these lovely lamps - this one happened to be plugged in for the full effect. 

Seller update: It is time for spring cleaning on items I have listed for sale. I picked up a bunch of rag dolls and they are going to be set free from their listings. 

Anything Primitive sells quickly and for the asking price. This Pattern of the Day is neither weird nor wacky, she just scores high points on the cute meter. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186318223596

It is not unusual for two or three sewing patterns to sell right after being listed. I list 25-30 patterns in my listing sessions, and some never make it down to the stockroom. 

Vintage cookbooks sold like hotcakes during lockdown. All but the truly unique cookbooks I will continue listing, I am going to pull the mediocre ones from the shelves. People are ordering Uber Eats and food delivered to the door. Why would they want to concentrate on cooking? 

The same reasoning holds true for the needlekits. I think people in general have turned away from in-home activities. While I like to finish other quilter's projects, that is not true of partially completed needle kit projects. The half-done ones will be delisted. 

Before the delisting begins, I put a few more books on the board with this Miniature Needlepoint and Sewing Projects for Dollhouses (1977) that fits in the sorta weird category. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/186318557090


I want to work through my "death pile" before I start my college course, and before I take off chunks of time in the summer. Next up on the eBay listing sessions is Yarn🧶

Moving into March means garden preparation. Another shot at the experiment I like to call gardening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment