Google tag

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Progress on Tiki Bar Quilt

These two bird panels came from a large bag of $2.99 thrifted fabric. They are quite lengthy and will be perfect as backdrops for a craft booth of Tiki Tami handmade products. I just made that up - who knows? It could happen. I am on the continual search how to make more money. 

 

I found a couple more prints of tiki-themed fabric on Etsy. The problem with buying retail fabric is that it is expensive! I am already $200 invested in this tiki bar quilt project. I estimate I could make at least 5 quilts from what I have just purchased and batiks I have on hand (a tub full). I could also improve on the project with each successive version of the quilt for competition. 
Here is the first fabric pull. 

I was able to pick up a large fabric organizer $1.99 thrifted to store my listed yarn. I have been able to buy all of my organizers for my product at second-hand stores. Saves so much 💸

I had been eyeing a certain 14K gold sapphire/diamond pineapple pendant necklace and finally bought one. I have so many Hawaiian-themed dresses and shirts, I will wear it quite often. 

I regularly cull my clothing by selling it at a clothing exchange. Seems Hawaiian and polynesian-themed clothing is popular. They bought all of my dresses. Next spring, prior to my retirement, I am going to sell nearly all of those types of dresses I have collected. I picked up two pieces at thrift of a Hilo Hattie blue and white print dress and philodendron print shirt. 

Seller update: My eBay sales have picked up and now average $600 in clear profit each month. My goal is to reach $1,000 a month in supplemental income. Better than the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment