Google tag

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Kitty Cat Quilt

The kitty cat quilt top is completed. This is the second quilt top where I have placed the blocks on the border of the quilt rather than queued up in the middle. Going through my fabric, I found the center panel that was manufactured over ten years ago. Usually, I remember where I bought the thrifted fabric, but this panel I don't remember at all. 


A quick peek at the backing, which is fairly nondescript and muted, nearly all cat print themed fabric. 

There are enough remnants left over for the donation quilt for the work gift basket raffle. 

In my first fabric pull for the tiki quilt, I favor the light-colored batik and know I have more of that in my offsite storage. I am still working out how I want to put this all together. 


Thrifting update: I bought this lined picnic basket for $2.99, and filled it with thrifted goodies. 

The drink glass watercolor was created by an Amador County artist, there are a couple pieces of clothing, costume jewelry, and a stuffed Chihuahua. 

Grimacing kitty cat is the precursor to the October Weird and Wacky post at the end of this month.  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/186134239247

No comments:

Post a Comment