Google tag

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Spinning a Yarn

This thrift shop find hit on 2 cylinders - Christmas and yarn. Both are popular items on eBay. 


75 days until Christmas and I am pulling out all of the stops this year. Bringing down the big full-sized tree, rather than just the three foot one. Bringing out ALL of the decorations rather than just part of them.๐ŸŽ„There is no particular reason why other than how many Christmases will I have left to celebrate 20, 30, or 40, if I am lucky? I would 105 in 40 years.

My estate is finally in order. Having worked in the legal field nearly all of my life, I know the importance of having things organized for your family. 

Quilting update: I spent a few hours searching for tiki-themed fabric and found it next to impossible! I do know I want to create a tiki bar quilt for either the county or state fair competition. Progress so far - Batik background fabric purchased. Split-leaf philodendron leaves fabric found in remnants. I will have to patchwork piece the tiki God(s), then applique them onto the background. 

Pattern of the Day is this incredibly cute Americana decor. First time I have run into a Sacramento-based pattern maker. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186115124457

Sewing patterns are caught up on the listing board. Next is books, and a ton of yarn! ๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment