Google tag

Friday, January 20, 2023

Brutal about Completions

Oops, I did it again, and cleaned out my projects, this time quilt tops. One that is holiday themed will never be completed by me. It was part of my now infamous got-myself-in-blogspat, seven years ago. I was roundly chastised by another quilting blogger because I had linked my Christmas quilt with Cardinal cornerstones post in the comments. It was time for rehoming.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185740723219

Quilt top no. 2 is quite pretty with hand sewn piecing in symmetrical rectangles. I have another red-themed redwork quilt in progress though, so I don't need two. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185740713039

Quilt top no. 3 was a Goodwill find. I added the grey border fabric. It sold within one day of listing. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185740735415

Finally turning my attention to my National Park quilt project. I had been stumped on layout but found this example. 

I will border the center panel in a companion fabric of dark grey, and then set the other fabrics on point. 

Once I get in touch with the quilter blogger, I will be joining this blog hop. 

She has a challenge to participants to find the oldest published book in their collection and share that. I am interested to see which book will be the oldest one. 

Our rain has stopped for now in Northern California. We had been inundated with wave after wave of downpour. Now our fabulous sun is shining through!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what a cardinal corner is, but the quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete