Google tag

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November Blessings

Just when I think I won't ever find another original oil on canvas, one enters my life. It is almost criminal what I bought this one for - priced at $6.99, it was half off! I don't know how it made it to orange tag because I had been at hospice thrift twice the past week and never saw it. The Thrift Gods smiled on me. 

At first, I was going to pop the canvas out of the gold frame but after I hung it up, it all seemed to fit. Good sized too at 29"x24" framed. It has found its forever home. 

There really is something to having original art on display. I believe the energy from the artist and the creation make a room glow, especially oil paintings on canvas. If you have never been to an art museum, go! Experience it at least once in your life. The Crocker in Sacramento has recently re-opened. I haven't visited since the remodel some years ago. It is on my To-Do list.  

Reseller update: My first listings on ebay I used a white fine dining tablecloth as my background. My newest listings I have used a quilt in the background. It helps differentiate when items were listed. Some of these vintage cookbooks I scooped up bin diving are selling within one day of listing. I don't go wild with pricing either, I want these things to move! The She Shed Trailer floor is fast filling up with books. I ended up keeping 5 of the 30 books listed this last round. 

The plastic bag filled with toys? I threw away the plane and bus, they were just too worn and gacked up. 


But that farmhouse canister? This is what was included and I am tempted to keep this set. 

Goodwill prices are going up. I used to buy needlework kits by the bag, now GW is pricing them separately so too expensive to make a profit on resale. Hospice thrift seem to be keeping the prices down. 

It truly is beautiful this time of year. If only we had rain, to refresh the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment