Monday, September 18, 2017

Blessings and the Bloggers Quilt Festival 2017

After quilting for 3+ years, I have finally finished a bed quilt for myself, partially revealed on these posts here, here, and here.  I am absolutely delighted with it. At first I questioned my use of certain fabrics but when it all came together it was perfect. My bedroom is something of a challenge as it is painted splotchy green with pink and green wallpaper borders where the walls meet the ceiling. 1980s revisited. 

I am participating in the Blogger Quilt Festival 2017 hosted by Amy at amyscreativeside.com. 

My original intent was to piece a quilt entirely with vintage fabric but I didn't have nearly enough just for the four patch in the center of the blocks. The purple and turquoise print fabric running down the sides of the quilt are from my Hawaiian shirt hoarder stash - the best of the best of that material. The quilting was done by me, what I like to call squiggly line or "organic." Vintage four patch is a queen sized bed quilt.
I feel blessed with finding such wonderful fabric at thrift shops. I have been able to make quilts for friends, co-workers, family and me!!!  My latest find was a bag of remnants, a pair of Paul Frank pajama pants and a sewing machine ceramic ($15 shown above).

The quilty-orphan-adoption was a rousing success, 3 of the 4 offered orphans were adopted. I love sharing remnants that I have lost interest in and will be utilized by someone else. Some are bound for charity quilts and that is all good. 

I am participating in the Art with Fabric Blog Hop, with my day to post being October 10th. Our further prompt is "Mother Earth" and I've chosen a modern art piece showcasing earth tones.

Ending with this link is to a wonderful post by a quilter's husband and his sweet take on her hobby. 

I am still participating in the #septtextilelove month-long challenge on Instagram as tamaschen

Have you had your doubts about a quilt in progress or have fallen in quilt love?

No comments:

Post a Comment