Google tag

Monday, May 6, 2024

Thrifting the Day Away and Deep Drop Fishing

Outfitting the summer place is the focus now. This ship's porthole clock was a $20 hospice thrift shop find.  

I have gone through a spate of buying at online auctions. This purchase nearly $50, included some really nice quilt blocks, a couple of packaged fabrics, and a jelly roll. 

Those blocks are destined for my fan quilt if my instincts prove right that they will fit right in. 

Pattern of the Day is from 1974. A keeper because it is cut and in such bad shape. Patterns from the seventies have moved into the rare category. 


On a totally different subject but related to vacation and retirement, the Mr. and I will be entering the world of Deep Drop Fishing. For us, that means ocean sport fishing at depths of 200 feet or more. We will also be using electric reels and other fancy lures and bait. I will report back on our success on that new type of fishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment