Google tag

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Tiki Bar Quilt Top Completed

This tiki quilt top came together quickly, after I figured out how to place the tikis. Nearly all of the border fabric was precut from my two previous tiki quilt projects.  

This was the first iteration and was about to cut down those side borders until I decided to applique the mixed drinks detail. I was looking for fabric with liquor bottles but I think there might some licensing issue with using those brands in a quilt. 

I rarely label the quilts I give to friends and family.  For this specialty line of quilts, I have purchased fabric labels - Handmade by Tiki Tami Products with my logo. 

I may add borders and am trying to decide on the binding and how to price it. It is one of a kind and the fabrics I used were one offs. It will be "lightly" quilted, just enough to keep it together. 

If I wasn't swimming in fabric before, I am now. I drug the $9.99 thrifted plastic tub to my truck and heaved it up onto the seat. One third of the fabric was batiks! Just the type of fabric I need for my projects. I kept another third and then thrifted back the last third. 



I doubled my donation this year through Our Promise for state workers. I continue to contribute to the Sacramento Food Bank and added a refugee aid organization. I do believe that when you give, you receive many blessings in return. 

Ending the post on a totally different subject - The newest technology wrinkle. A person with malicious intent can merely stand close to you to obtain your credit card information. I bought RFDI sleeves to place over our credit cards that block that kind of activity. Better safe than sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment