Google tag

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Catsville quilt completed

The food bank raffle quilt top is now completed. My first creation utilizing all new Catsville fabric. When I began patchwork piecing, I used secondhand fabric. It is a good thing I did because it is a deceptively complex craft. It takes a lot of practice, and a dose of patience. If you buy fabric at retail prices, it can get pricey. I spent approx. $150 in fabric to create the last two quilt tops. 


This one didn't go as well as planned. In retrospect, I realized I used blocks I made from the previous project but had rejected because they were cut short. This caused all sorts of trauma when I got to the quilting part. 

I bought a beautiful orange/golden thread that went well with the top and backing. My son's quilt is queued up to bind, my daughter's quilt will be created from the Lava Lamp pattern. Here is the first fabric pull. 

I have sooo many cute sewing patterns to list - but first up has to be yarn! ๐Ÿงถ

50 percent off at thrift the day after Thanksgiving meant I gained a lot more sewing patterns. They were all of the specialty ones. My best finds are when the items are just rolled onto the floor or in the bins. It truly makes me happy. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hello to new visitors to this blog. I had another rush of a few thousand visitors over this holiday weekend. 

Ending the post with the best of the trail cam. The year date is off, it was taken in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment