Google tag

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Tiki Bar Quilt test product

The tiki bar quilt has now been listed on Etsy. This is not really my style, as I prefer low volume and shy away from bright fabrics. I envision a tiki bar as dimly lit, so bright fabrics and bold graphics were needed. 

https://tikitamiproducts.etsy.com/listing/1609248955

It measures 34-1/2 x 40-1/2. The quilt was bound with the backing. The tikis and cocktails were raw edge appliqued. There are remnants from men's Hawaiian shirts and some batik fabric.

I had to talk myself out of keeping it. My eye is on the prize of creating a tiki-themed competition quilt for the county fair. 

A quilt currently in progress is for the raffle basket donation to the Sacramento Food Bank. I stumbled on this clearance kitty print fabric at Wally World. A yard and a half for $3.50. Here is the planned backing. Those character-heavy fabrics are tough to match up with a companion fabric. 

This is going to be the piece de resistance in our work team's gift basket. Last year, I made a larger-than-lapsized quilt with a funky cat print fabric. Here is a corner of last year's donated quilt. Our basket received the highest bid - around $200. 

I don't pay much attention to Pinterest, and I should. Seems the numbers for that site are up☝ CNBC reported an 11% increase in sales on that site pinterest-pins-q3-earnings-report-2023  I have been posting images to that site for over 10 years. www.pinterest.com/thriftshpcomndo/ Most of my boards are for my own amusement, some of them link to cute sewing patterns I have listed for sale. There are the Countdowns to Christmas beginning in 2013 to the present. 

When you post a pin, you receive a message "Warming up the Pin Machine," which I think is amusing. 

My next few quilts will be giveaways for friends and family. I hope to have the donation quilt finished by month's end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment