Google tag

Friday, February 7, 2020

Yeti Or Not, Here I Come

Steampunk Yeti in the Wild
Updating the post to showcase Steampunk Yeti. Abdominable is a  thrift shop rescue. I keep a box of steampunk/fantasy stuff I have found secondhand. I included the tarot cards pulled if anyone wanted to predict the Yeti's future. 
Switching gears to saving money and reducing debt, I have two new fixes in that direction. 

The first was buying a "new" purse. A few years ago, I bought a Coach handbag at full retail price. It was a few hundred dollars. I am not a purseaholic. I only buy one purse and use it for many years. I love the way Coach constructs their bags so I lurked on an online auction site until I found one. My winning bid: $33.

My second fix - I had been buying face moisterizer at the cosmetics counter. You spend $40 and get a small lotion bottle. I discovered suntan lotion for faces, a fraction of the cost of the lotions and potions. 

Sequeing to January trail cam best of images.


Reselling update: Vintage needlework kits and quilt kits are selling. What I am listing this week, a vintage 1989 BHG red plaid hardcover cookbook, a set of coffee mug quilt blocks and perhaps more of my needlework projects. 

I found a thrifting group on FB that has posted a challenge - Return of the Thing from the Thrift Store Creative Challenge No. 9, Yeti or Not, Here I Come! 
Not my creation - made by Vinylnation
I am grounded in my quilting/sewing arena, and have WAY more crapht stuff than the good lawd allows. This challenge sounds like so much fun! The rules, Tami summarized, are as follows:

Create a finished product featuring the Abominable Snowman (well, that is the one I have chosen) or Yeti. The sky is the limit on presentation and medium. You are encouraged to LOVE what you create. The project time frame is 2-8-20 to 2-21-20. Main items should be thrifted. Avoid spending any money. Creepy is cool. Must have a before/after photo, process photos even better.  

You will need to join that Facebook group to view the Yeti creations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment