Google tag

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Month 2 of no machine and down with the flu

Seems the part that is needed for my sewing machine hasn't come in, so I have written off this month too for progress on anything. I wouldn't have the energy for it this week having the flu. I get the flu shot every year and haven't fell ill in a number of years. Seems this second wave got me.

Even in my flu fog state I was able to repair my cat's bed. I did get the bed from thrift and I so liked the top fabric. The backing to the bed was hardly what you would call material and had begun to disintegrate. I had some heavy cotton, upholstery grade material I cut from template the pieces of the previous backing. It was a quick and dirty job, the stitches far from perfect. It may have gotten a little lumpy on restuffing. I then hand quilted the center bed portion.

Since I am down to hand stitching, I really need to turn my focus to my needlepoint in progress, or hand quilting a smaller quilt that has languished for months on end. 

I might try to list a couple more books for sale. None of my recent listings have sold. 

I did bump into a guy at a Goodwill who was using an app to scan for books. Seems he was buying for Amazon. He said the app for $40 per month but that it paid for itself. He seemed to be buying books in the health and fitness realm. He did say it was a lot of work. I get that, because for all the time I spend at thrift shops, sometimes I find nothing. 

Anyhoo, I am official now, I applied for a California seller's permit AND have a federal EIN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment