Google tag

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Orphan Block Organization

I underestimated my sales for 2019. My total was nearly $400. Not quite my $500 goal but a good run at it nonetheless. Luckily, I hadn't sold too much, the collective sales tax came to $30. I have applied for my seller's permit and have my federal EIN, so everything is in place. The latest 3 things I have pulled from resell, a Jurassic World mug, a Jurassic Park plush and a nine-patch quilt kit. All three I have decided to keep. The nine patch blocks I didn't really want to sell.
I tried hand quilting. What a disaster. I didn't get very far, since quilting is my least favorite part of the creative process. I kept thinking, "this is going to take forever." I dug deeper into my sewing/craphting hoard and found orphan blocks that I was able to separate into 2 lots shown above. 

I will have to buy a portable sewing machine at some point. The Babylok I have is too heavy to haul around to classes. One class being offered that I can't take advantage of right now, is a Storm at Sea sew along - on my retirement bucket list. I want to do that pattern in plaids. 

The flu knocking me out of my thrifting game for the past two weeks meant I made up for lost time. Eight thrift shops in two different counties. I did good though, I only spent $10, with finding one needlework kit for resell. 
I slipped up a couple of times last month on buying remnant fabric but this month I have held firm. I will purchase quilt tops or orphan blocks if I find them. I also want to upgrade my fabric to collections. I will still keep an eye out for vintage linens. 
These last two items were things for me, a $1 coat length sweater and a $2.49 pack of Pokemon cards. None of the cards are  collectibles, but there was at least 1 Pikachu (my fav). 

I am still buying Christmas CDs whether I decide to keep them or sell them. Vinyl is at the top of my list too, very excited to have found the 1963 recording of The Giants of Jazz and the Getz/Gilberto record that I already have as a CD. Love it!
Wearing my I Love Vinyl t-shirt today

1 comment:

  1. That’s very well done on the sales! I wish I earned that much in a month with my writing :).

    I hope you get to buy that portable sewing machine soon— never knew those were a thing!

    ReplyDelete