Google tag

Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Early Riser Gets the Item

Now that the Christmas Countdown is over, I can highlight some of my delightful finds this past month. Beginning with forgotten bookmarks, I found a small cache at thrift of weapons and survival books. Contained in the Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia, pub. 1980 was this Hunter's Drawing Card. 

In the Modern Day Gunslinger, The Ultimate Handgun Training Manual by a U.S. Navy Seal, pub. 2010, there was this note. Apparently, a retired state employee, with that CalPERS link noted at the bottom. 

One of the best times to win at online auction is during the holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. One Thanksgiving I won a small turquoise necklace (very happy with it). Recently, I won at auction 2 quilt tops. The diamond one has some staining so I will have to rehabilitate that one. I paid a total of $48 including shipping for the two. I could list the blue one at $25 to cover its cost. 

I started culling my non-selling ebay listings. Some of those items I had received for free so it makes no sense to continue to list them if they aren't going to sell. Those non-starters? They are craft books, crocheted items, and stuffed animals (plush).

6 of the 7 dwarfs reside in my She Shed Trailer. I found the lot at a deep-bin-diving and the Mr. asked why I didn't have them out as Christmas decorations. I guess he thought they were holiday dwarfs. The search is on for Dopey to complete the set. 
At year's end, I like to list my most viewed posts. I also do a search term report from Google Analytics. Nothing unusual came up, the top 5 search terms were ebay, tights, blog, books, and buttons. 

My Top 5 Posts for 2020 were ones from year's past. 

singer-stylist-513-score (unfortunately, I sent that machine back to the Great Thrift Shop Beyond)
Ending with a post on my pup zipper-von-zalez

Thrifting update: I found a retro cool army green sleeping bag with the following patterns. It is now bedding in the truck for Zipper. 





Reseller update: Christmas CDs have been selling like hot cakes, just like I predicted. My iphone turns back on at 5:30 a.m. and Christmas morning I got to hear the trademark "ka-ching" on an ebay sale. Thank you early riser buyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment