Google tag

Friday, March 27, 2020

Doodle Quilt Done

Zipper and the Doodle Quilt
I like to keep my projects moving along so they don't languish, but there was this one. I didn't even list on my project sheets, quilting lines had been marked and was waiting to be quilted for a year. Here is the original post qwilt-qwazy-queens-and-doodle-quiltWhat a delightful project to pick back up again with its bright, fun colors. I had the last remnants of a Riley Blake Happy Flappers jelly roll for the binding. I particularly love the backing fabric, a remnant piece featuring toy dogs. It will be my car/picnic quilt. 
Realizing there is still time to complete a creation for the California State Fair, I did my first fabric pull. I already had source photos, even a name - Quilter in Isolation. I think it will be timely. The website on the fair indicated it would go on as scheduled in July-August at the height of the mid-summer California heat. 

Rather than do raw edge applique (my last state fair submission), this will be in traditional applique. There are some vintage linens, a mini quilt in the making, and a background fabric recently purchased at Joann's. The biggest leap is hoping the idea you imagine will translate to fabric. 


In encouraging news, an event has been scheduled for the middle of July for those graduates of the Analyst Certification Program (me, me, me.) I think it will be the first scheduled gathering at work since the shutdown. 

Linking up with corona-quilt-along-off-wall-friday. I finally have a finished quilt for a linkup AND I have a work in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment