Google tag

Monday, June 12, 2023

Quilt from Men's Hawaiian Shirts, Part 3

With 12 of the blocks made, I opted for one of my favorite sewing activities, making crazy quilt cornerstones. I took the remnants from the blocks and sewed them into pairs. 


The material was then cut diagonally and sewn together again and cut at 3-1/2" square. I fell in love with this technique when I acquired a mixed bag of fabric at thrift. In that bag were pink scrappy cornerstones that I used in two quilt projects. I also made scrappy cornerstones for my last Christmas quilt. 

I am going to use the wrong side of the neutral striped fabric for the borders and sashing. After I am done making more blocks and cornerstones, I will trim and square them up. It is exciting to be moving forward on this Hawaiian shirt quilt project. I had been given free reign on design and how to use the shirts as a memorial quilt. 

My goal is to have this flimsy and a couple of backings to choose from done by month's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment