Google tag

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Little Yellow Flowers and a Gift of Fabric

A very happy succulent that I had replanted has flowered for the first time. 

Being a frequent visitor to my favorite hospice thrift shop, I am able to obtain delightful items just rolled on to the store's floor. This visit I grabbed 2 patchwork pieced quilt tops, some fairy print fabric, and a bolt of smiling dolphin fabric. The red rectangle flimsy is well-constructed and showcases numerous fabrics. When my Baby Lock is out of sewing machine prison, I can add some borders to that red-inspired beauty from mystery quilter. 


This smaller flimsy is bold and bright. If I decide to keep it, I would add borders.

When my current bolt of forest deer fabric print is gone, I will use the dolphins on my eBay orders. 

One advantage of my new job is that I can use my own laptop for remote work. The touch screen feature and backlit keys on the keyboard are must haves for me. On my first week, 2 day in office, I found an abstract acrylic on canvas $10 at Goodwill that now graces my new cubicle.

I also brought in my mans-shirt-repurposed quilt, a creation from 2015. The image below is a piece of that deconstructed shirt. 

At my 2015 work space, I used the quilt to cover an ugly and conspicuous hole in the cubicle wall. 


It now hangs vertically in my current work space. 

I can't wait to see what will spring from my new thrifted pieces of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment