Google tag

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Duck Decoys and the Tub O' Christmas Fabric

This winter wonderland needlepoint is listed for sale through shopgoodwill.com. 
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/133306455

I greatly added to my Duck Decoy collection. The three smaller decoys were $1.99 and the larger $2.99 at thrift. 
With it being half off at thrift, I figured I could burn $1.50 worth of cinnamon scented pinecones. 
My tub o' Christmas fabric. My eBay orders will be wrapped in holiday fabric. I am keeping all of the pink/maroon themed fabric for a quilt in that colorway. At year's end, I will post how much fabric is left in the tub. 
The ceramic smalls were a buck a duck (rather 99 cents each) from the same thrift and on the same wire rack cart as the decoys. 
Now that I check a certain hospice thrift nearly every day, I marvel that I even found anything when I would pop in only on weekends. You pretty much have to be there when the wire racks roll onto the floor. 

I am in the midst of listing books for sale on eBay. There is a slew of hunting/outdoorsman books I had kept for some odd reason. There is also my usual suspects of vintage cookbooks and sewing ones I will list. 

I have highlighted my high tech office *coughs* in previous posts. I use an old secretary desk for my shipping supplies that consist of the mailers, scissors, tape and fabric. In my zombie apocalypse arsenal, I have my 2+ pound tape dispenser. This piece of office accessory doesn't mess around, it turns to a lethal weapon in 2 seconds flat. 
Here is one of the listings from an estate sale. It is fun getting a chance to actually look through the books and discover how vintage they are. When I am at an estate sale, it is more the hard work of grabbing and lugging bags, boxes, whatever, to the checkout table. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185151824713

An idea is formulating to continue my Madame Fortune Teller series of short stories, beginning in 2022. I am working on one story to launch in January. If you are a writer and would like to do a linkup with me beginning in January, please post a comment. 

1 comment:

  1. You go girl...listing on ebay. A lot of work with listing form and then the shipping. Good think you have that sturdy tape dispenser. I would probably use it on my own head for even thinking about the shipping process. Can you tell I was once an E-Bayer? But, good for you...I hope your thrifting collections are profitable. Good idea to use the Christmas fabric as wrapping. I will keep that in mind....I have a bit of it in my stash...wink wink!!!

    ReplyDelete