Google tag

Sunday, February 2, 2014

It was no accident that I found her.

"It was no accident" Day 2 prompt of 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing over at weworkforcheese, where you can visit the other accidental tourists.

It was no accident that I found this charm.  She is perfect!  She was $29.95 retail, $15 thrifted price with bonus merchandise of the scarf she is posing on, a pair of pants, a short-sleeved shirt, miscellany.  I wanted something new (to me) for my (also new to me) cubicle.


Thrift shopping has nothing to do with need and everything to do with want.  The entertainment of a new book or CD, clothes or a bauble is worth the few dollars spent.

I have numerous things on my thrift shopping list, they are:

Framed artwork or unique prints.  I have found numerous prints that I have installed all throughout my house and workspace.
Smalls (ceramics).  Pocket-sized ceramics of yesteryear are irresistible to me.
Hats and clothes.  I model the best of my acquisitions on my fashion postings.
35mm slides.  These types of negatives phased out in the late 70s/early 80s.  They are little time capsules.
Publications from the 1950s - 1980s, in food, crafting and fabric arts.
Jewelry, with a focus on necklaces, clip-on earrings, pins and brooches
And ... creepy baby dolls.


It was no accident that I signed up for the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  Notice it is not "writing" challenge, as I mistakenly assumed, even though the majority of the participants are writers.

My 2013 theme was "All Things Thrifting."  My proposed 2014 theme: "A Frolic through Fashion and Flowers" (with the requisite cat and dog posts as stand-ins for the letters "X" and "Z.").  On April 1st, I will reveal my combination of the two subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment