Google tag

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Countdown to Kitschmas, Day 1

This is Year Three for Countdown to Kitschmas.  There is so much KITSCH to Christmas - it just has to be shared!  An Ugly Christmas Sweater will be modeled.  I will highlight kitsch from the thrift shops, Etsy and shopgoodwill.com.  I will post "What I'm Listening To" from my thrift shop rescued CDs.

Day 1 is Sandi Patty and Peabo Bryson in It's Christmas.


Cute cookie jar deserved a posting but at $50 in the thrift shop, he had to find another home.  


While clicking around on Etsy, I found this gem, eggnog-loofah-soap.


Fellow blogger Cindy at Retro Revival is creating her own kitsch with her Santa wreaths and repurposed planters.  Her shower caps are tres adorbs too!


Women's Shower Cap Waterproof Washable "Perfect Do" - Click Image to Close

I will also be highlighting scans from the 1966 Better Homes and Garden Treasury of Christmas Ideas.  I scored that book for 75 cents at a thrift shop last month.  Nothing embodies kitsch like the late 1960s.

 Toilet paper roll tree

Felt flower wall tree

Last but not least, images from the 1951-1952 Montgomery Ward Fall and Winter catalog.



Linking with Ms. Misantropia for her ~ How Do You Celebrate? blog challenge.  

  

Please join me in this nearly month-long celebration of All Things Kitschmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment