Google tag

Sunday, July 12, 2026

Garden Got Up and Went

Contrary to my blog title, the fabric planter did not move itself, I moved it. When I began the garden I was unsure where I wanted to place the planters. One of them was receiving too much shade, so I pulled out one tomato plant and replanted two of them. I removed most of the dirt from the planter, pulled it over to the new location, and then refilled it. Three new varieties of tomato have now joined the garden: Parks Whopper (Improved), Heatmaster, and Red Beefstake. 

The hog wire fencing is wonky on the newly-moved planter. There is a doe I have named Betsy that likes to bed down in the other corner of the yard. She also likes to munch through any available greenery. 

Now it is a waiting game. The peppers and watermelon have flowered. This summer heat will push the tomatos into production. It was worth the push to get this garden to where it is today. This was what it looked like a few months ago. 

We are still clearing brush, small stuff in the twice monthly pickup, and large stuff hauled to the recycle center. 

Tucker sums it up - lazy days of summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.