Google tag

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

New Tree to Me and Gardening Dreams

I lurked and waited until I found this Norfolk Island Pine 1/2 off at a retailer. 


Years ago, I had one of these plants grow to 5' tall before something befell it and ended its life course. 

January is the time I like to prep the garden for spring plantings. Plants that didn't thrive the past season are moved to different locations. Seeds awaiting the planting season include a blue sunflower. 

My artichoke plant revived from some kind of animal/environment damage from the year before. Asparagus shoots require constant maintenance during the season or they turn into massive asparagus ferns. 

As soon as our weather warms a little, I can begin cutting the pieces for the Lava Lamp quilt. Took me a few years to figure this out, but you can cut pieces for more than one quilt at the same time. I am making one for my daughter, and one for me, both with wool batting.  

I am making amazing progress on my items to list for sale. After sewing patterns, I just have a few crocheted blankets to list and I am all caught up! 👼My intent is to do an audit of my sewing patterns. Some I will pull because they will never sell. 

How is your New Year coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment