Google tag

Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Making of a Jewelry Maven

I am kicking around the idea of selling my personal collection of jewelry. As with anything I collect, I have too much of it. Brooches and pins are especially in abundance. While I won't part with my Christmas tree pin forest, there are some pieces I don't need hanging around. 

After watching this podcast recently, it seems that this gal is making a killing on eBay selling fine and costume jewelry. She also said she had repeat customers that would buy in bulk each month from her. I may have to change my business model. 

I had pretty much ignored the jewelry at estate sales, mainly looking for myself. No longer will I pass up the jewelry. It seems you can "lot up" the broken stuff and it will sell. I know my holey cashmere sweaters sell when I lot them up. 

Here is what I would imagine someone would create with broken jewelry.

Listings going on the board is a bag of clip-on earrings from my mother's estate. Most are still on their original card backings with the purchase price tag. We will see how this lot sells and how my future as a jewelry maven will develop. 


On the quilting front, I saw a comment posted on American Patchwork & Quilting's UFO Challenge, that termed quilting mistakes as "Waldos."  You know where the mistakes are, but others don't. 

Pattern of the Day from 2004 - I am tempted to keep it for myself but there are no littles in my life, and none on the horizon. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185759086598

I am now averaging $200 a week in sales. I have over 2,200 listings - my next milestone is the 3,000 listings level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment