Google tag

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Let's Play Choo Choo and the Quilt Fixer has come to town

This is the first time I have tried my hand at reselling electric train pieces. I have the best luck at thrift when I am there when the racks are rolled onto the floor. That was the case on this $5.99 box of vintage German Marklin electric train cars, tracks, and pieces. I know nothing about this genre but these two pieces alone have to be of value. 



Also bought at thrift was this queen-sized quilt for $2.99. It has to be a custom quilt because of the star piecing, leaf meander quilting in the main body, and loop to loop hearts on the borders. Part of the binding and a couple of places in the quilt needed repair - an easy fix. I haven't decided it's fate yet. 



I am glad I started buying fabrics in precut sets is because my latest project is adding borders to quilt blocks and selling as a quilt top. The precuts blend beautifully with the completed blocks. It will be highlighted in an upcoming post. 

The latest task as executrix of my mom's estate is to figure out her taxes. Yes, you do have to file federal taxes if you were alive for part of the year. I do know she usually received refunds, so I will file a special form for that. 

Here is an image from the early 1980s of mom and me at Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington. She would have been 95 on Feb. 8. The necklace with the phrase "I love you to the moon and back," was what mom would say signing off on each telephone call. The necklace was a thrift shop find just days ago. 

Reseller's update: I am at the sourcing point where I have to stop. 😏Even though I caught up on all of my sewing pattern listings sessions, and divested myself of nearly all of the quilt book publications, there are all kinds of items ad nauseum that need to be listed. It gets to be too much for one person especially if you keep stockpiling.

Until next time,

Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment