Google tag

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Upcoming Blogiversary

Celebrating my 11 year blogiversary next month. The frosted cake donut with sprinkles is one of my decadent indulgences. I hear Levi jackets are trending, and I've got a red-tag one. 

A while ago, I signed up for AdSense and then promptly forgot about it. It is those irritating ads you see that break into the blog post. Well, those irritations just paid me $100. I am unsure how long it took to earn that $100 (pretty sure it was a few years), but that is $100 I didn't have before. 

Reseller update: In August 2019, my listings on eBay totaled 4. Three years later, my listings hover around 1,700. Last year, I made $5,000. This year, I made nearly $10,000.

I was all gung ho on reselling thrifted quilt books. Turns out the popular ones are also the popular fabric designers such as Kaffe Fassett and Tula Pink. I will be reducing that inventory, 3 cratefuls of it. 

My business goals continue, and after viewing this video
I created one of my own for my eBay store. I went ahead and purchased the iMovie software. Eventually, I will be adding more video to my listings. 

My next asset purchase will be another 5 shelf rolling wire rack. The first rack is overflowing. I have enough death pile inventory in sewing patterns to fill up another two shelves. 

I met a so-called "Peddler" during my family leave stay in Washington. Keith owned the Comfort Inn where I had a room for two weeks. He had been an eBay seller for quite some time, and encouraged me to become an Amazon seller. 

He mentioned his wife was successful reselling vintage glass. He suggested carrying a hand-held blacklight, and anything that luminesced was worth checking out. Just pass the light along the rows of glassware at thrift. 

My newest BOLO is yarn and have already sold a few skeins. Mostly I find acrylic, or the quality yarn is priced too high at thrift. 

There you have it - until next time~

Tami

1 comment:

  1. This seems fun! Congratulations on your upcoming Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete