Google tag

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Radio Silence

My mother at 94 years old left this world on July 11th. She died peacefully surrounded by friends and family. A celebration of her life memorial service was held on July 20th. I flew in prior to her passing and stayed to settle the estate. This type of loss makes you question your own life. Grief overwhelms you.

My short breaks from the bedside vigil were to the one place that gives me comfort and joy - thrift shops. I found another blue Ball jar to add to my collection. I haven't decided on the quilt blocks. 

I was able to send back 3 bankers boxes full of inventory to sell because a U-Haul was rented to empty mom's apartment. A 6'x12' trailer was filled to capacity. There is a huge photo archive to cull through and digitize.

I will be back in Fort Bragg, California, in a couple of weeks and hope to share some more interesting images.  

1 comment: