Sunday, October 24, 2021

Preparing for the Countdown and a Smidgeon of Deer

My shopgoodwill quilt blocks will be a challenge to incorporate into a quilt. I thought they would mesh with another set of quilt blocks, but they don't. These look to be headed for an eBay listing. My $30 box, won on an online auction, also had some nice pieces of yardage so I did not lose money. 


Reseller update: For awhile my sourcing outpaced my sales. I have learned that you buy whatever you think will sell, and gather the items like storing nuts for the winter. Keeping all of that "product" can be overwhelming at times. Luckily, I have more than enough room to store 1,500+ items without having to rent extra storage space. That would kind of defeat the purpose and cut into the profits. 

Now my sales are outpacing my sourcing. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my potential listings. Here is my death pile of sewing patterns and Christmas CDs. 
That plastic tub was full and overflowing when I started on the Christmas CD listing sessions. The gray crate is full of patterns in order by number/manufacturer. The 1980s knit sewing patterns were recent acquisitions, and below is a banker's box full of uncut sewing patterns. 

I will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of my annual Countdown to Christmas. All of the posts are queued up and now it is a matter of filling them up with kitschy, holiday  happiness. Christmas trivia will be featured, and the rescued Christmas CD I am listening to that day. December 13th will be Weird and Wacky Day. 
When I start unpacking my tubs of Christmas decor, I photograph scenes for my countdown. I actually photograph for the countdown all year long because there is always holiday-themed stuff to be found secondhand. 

Ending the post with a recent trail cam images, a doe discovered the camera. I have since moved it to another spot and have lowered it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment