Google tag

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Christmas in July

I am in the middle of binding a Christmas quilt, a first one for me. 

Christmas arrives earlier and earlier for me each year. I figure why not display my decorations for as long as possible? They start going up in late October and don't come down until late January. I also post a Countdown to Christmas and gather images all year long. 

My quest for Christmas items include lighted ceramic trees, boxed Hallmark ornaments, Christmas tree pins, and specialty holiday stockings. 

I replaced a favorite toy that disappeared from my collection. The abominable finger puppet was always placed front and center in my decorations. An eBay seller came through for me, and I got a bonus reindeer.

Reseller update: Here is what storage of 1,200 products looks like, quilt books in the crates on the floor, CDs to be listed on the chair, needle kits on the couch, sewing patterns continue from the couch onto the table and then onto the floor. Books line the floor and my ski equipment in the background for possible use again someday. Admittedly, not pictured are Christmas CDs I have stored under a bed and an armoire stuffed full of listed books. 

My last offering to this Christmas in July is this $5.99 thrifted abstract oil on panel board that has joined my home art gallery. I can check that one off of my bucket list (course, I would always welcome abstracts). 
It is a first for me though to see a picture strung with hanging wire both ways. I guess you can do that with an abstract. I did hang it the way the artist intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment