My "sup" is also involved in feral cat rescue so I made her a quilted kennel cover. The cat-related fabric was the basis for a quasi strip-quilt top. She uses blankets over cat carriers as temporary homes for captured feral cats. Once the animal is either spayed/neutered, treated for any ailments, they are released back into the area from which they were captured. Some are recruited as barn cats in rural areas.
Quilt sandwich layout. I cut it close on that batting but supplemented it later.
Rather than put a separate binding on this, I kept 3" leftover from backing, brought it around the front and sewed in down with a 1/4" seam allowance. My first mitered corners too!
I had so much fun putting together that kennel cover, I zipped together another one for quilting. I have decided my patchwork style of piecing is a little ADHD. I kind of "wing it" sewing fabric together and then trimming off excess and squaring it up. I treat it more like I would paint on a canvas, rather than adhering to rigid rules and procedures.
Mystery box of fabric from New York provided material to supplement a baby quilt, son's and patriotic quilts. The kitty print panels and calico prints courtesy of East Coast mystery quilter.
Hospice thrift shopping resulted in $8 worth of 5 Christmas CDs for my annual Countdown to Christmas, a Style & Co. grey long sleeved pin striped shirt, t-shirt and material.
On Instagram as tamaschen, I am participating in this month's #IGQuiltFest with 31 quilt-related prompts. One prompt being "pillow finish" so it was motivation enough to complete this pink and lavender based log cabin square block with thrifted pillow form.
I certainly had a very productive weekend with a fast finish of one kennel cover, prep for another, and a pillow done!
Linking up with Lorna at sewfreshquilts for:
Kelly at myquiltinfatuation for:
And Amanda at crazymomquilts for Finish it Up Friday.