Saturday, August 20, 2016

Pure thrifting to prepare presents

I am on a fabric and quilt-related "roll" when it comes to this month's thrifting. Hospice thrift produced these items for $6.75.  Batting ($1), mystery bag of fabric ($2), Christmas paisley 3 yards of fabric ($2), a bag of lemon/verbena soap ($1.50) and mystery bag of cut fabric squares ($1), the lot at 10% off.

Mystery fabric of pre-cut solid squares solved the binding problem for my brother's retirement quilt (to be revealed when finished), the WIP is on my Instagram feed under tvonzalez. I am going to chain piece the squares together.

The $2.00 mystery bag of fabric revealed this sunflower collection. I am sorely tempted to bump my Halloween quilting project to make a small sunflower creation.

Pattern of the day presumed to be one from the 1940s, undated Simplicity 3553. I had to leave the thrift shop sticker price on it because it lifted off the image.

One of the items on my thrift shop bucket list is a retro dress form. I passed one up a couple of years and have been kicking myself ever since.

2 comments:

  1. I found a retro dress forms years ago. It's awesome. Although it tilts, it's like it's drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you did well on the thrifting front, and that 1940s pattern reminds me of a dress I have! xxx

    ReplyDelete