Google tag

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Barbie Leads the Way and Bidding the Day Away

Since Barbie is trending - leading off with this Barbie furniture sewing pattern from 1997. How cute is that? Loved Ryan Gosling's I'm Just Ken performance at the Oscars. Best. Part. Of. The. Show. 💜The Pink suit! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186340751382

My online auction wins of two boxes, one with 1980s sewing patterns, and the other with needlekits and fabric were good gambles. One was 65 patterns for $45. Not sure where the patterns had been stored but they had that "old" smell. I just bought 100 new plastic sleeves to solve that problem.  

Those patterns are queued up next for listing after I air them out, and receive those new sleeves. In the meantime, here are two more sewing patterns I kept from the yard sale bunch. These two are vintage apron patterns that have been cut. Placing them as 1940s or 1950s. 



When you buy a box of fabric-related items on an auction site, there can be pleasant surprises. This recently purchased box contained not only the needlekits I bought it for, but also a quilt backing, a square plaid tablecloth perfect for a picnic table and a table runner (destined for my patriotic-themed summer trailer). 




There was a stain that I covered with an iron-on applique in my stock. 

I truly don't bid the day away as my post title suggests. I do plan on eBaying the day away in retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment