Google tag

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Quilt from Men's Hawaiian Shirts, Part 2

I am working my way through this project of the men's Hawaiian shirts for a king-sized quilt. This layout is the first 8 blocks of 7-1/2" squared 4 patches. I calculate I will need at least 32 blocks. 

There are some nice leftover remnants I will either incorporate into the backing or keep for my own project. Perhaps crazy quilt designed blocks with these same materials. 

A $1.99 thrifted bag of coordinated fabric remnants included this pieced heart.  

Seller update: After filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement, publishing the same with the local paper, I have opened a business account with the bank. It feels like a real business now. I have done all of this in preparation of being 1099'd - an eBay seller at the $20,000 annual sales mark. The fiscal year for the California state sales tax is June, and I will report my numbers then.  

I have also hit a milestone in feedback from eBay buyers - 600 positive! 

Pattern of the Day is from 1974 - a specialty dress through Salem cigarettes.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185885104723

That pattern was one I had saved in my personal collection. The 5 tubs have been winnowed down to 2 small tubs. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185889152501

My newest listing sessions have been with fabric rag dolls. I like to photograph them on the woodpile in the early morning hours. I think it is an unusual background. This calico cow doll was part of the $20 estate sale haul. Let's see how fast she will sell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment