Google tag

Thursday, October 6, 2022

October is Finally Here

My favorite time of the year, getting past the intense heat of summer but not quite into the cold of winter. 

My self-imposed moratorium on quilting finally came to an end this past weekend. I began binding a basket block quilt that had come back from the longarmer a few months ago, and began a baby quilt that I also had queued up for quite a few months. The baby is three months old now, so it is time to get that quilt to the family recipient. 

Reseller update: I earned my first $200 week of sales. That is the first time I have hit that milestone. Now I hover around 2,000 listings. For every 1,000 listings, I earn approximately $100 a week. I am slowly moving from lower priced items to higher dollar ones. I don't list any item under $9 now. 

A Boy Scout rummage sale that I stumbled onto produced this first edition 1960s publication. I spent $10 at that sale, with an armload of books at $1 each. I found this book under a table, in a box along with a few other publications. I made many happy Tami noises. It is listed at $110, with plenty of room to barter. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185605850185

Moving on from books, I have completed the needlekit listing session. Those listings were easy peasy because nearly all of the kits are new in package. I did a different method and took all of the photos on my iPhone and composed the listings on my phone. I prefer listing from my laptop because I can use my templates, and there is less editing. Here is the best of the bunch from that session. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185607979795

There really is a feeling of satisfaction when I finish the eBay listing sessions. Next session will be Scouting memorabilia, I have a bagful, along with a Boy Scouts Bear Cub shirt and hat. 🐻

Since I invested in the monthly expense of iMovie to add video to my eBay listings, I am going to buy a motorized rotating Lazy Susan. The Mr. has a ton of automotive stuff that we need to list. I am having him pick a name for his eBay store and we can start photographing and listing. 

On a totally separate subject - buying stocks and bonds. I have been an eTrade customer for many years. I was delighted when I could choose my own investments. The latest one to catch my eye are Treasury Bonds. I bought my first lot of 100/30 year maturity. I am going to buy those in lots in varying stages of maturity dates. 💸Years ago, I bought dividend producing stocks, and those dividends go into a cash account of my 401k. From there, I buy more stocks and bonds. 

Until next time,

Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment