Google tag

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A Skosh More of Boy Scout

It takes time to organize and sort items for sale on eBay. I am still working my way through the bag of Boy Scout. In the belt category, this one was the best of the bunch. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185623183488

The black sheet made an excellent background! Much better than white - it looks like it is floating, a piece of artwork! 😁

A couple of BSA t-shirts also went up for sale. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185623322293

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185623331441

Next up are BSA badges and scarves. I am going to stick with the black background for those listings. 

One thrifting podcaster who has been in the resale business for some 20+ years has purchased a house outright from his sale of CDs. He uses that house to store his product. I could see that happen. The adage The More You List The More You Sell is so true! Two years ago, I had about 200 listings. Now I hover around 2,000 listings. Image if I had 200,000! 

I tried to perform an Advanced Search by Seller within 50 miles of my zip code. You have to be item specific on search. There are 2 media sellers within 40 miles, one with over 4,000 listings and the other with over 5,000. Some CDs are listed individually, and others are sold in lots. I find the CDs are not moving like they were a couple of years ago. 

Another non-starter now are red plaid Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbooks. I thrifted back 4 of them, all published in 1989. I did keep 2 on the board of the ones in the best condition.  

Mentioned on a thrifting podcast and one thing I have run into - sellers charging exorbitant shipping fees. I charge just a few extra ounces over the weight to allow for packing. I figure shipping is expensive enough, sometimes the same cost as the product. 

And while I was composing this post, a Christmas CD sold. I have got to get those on the board pronto - I have about 45-50 in my death pile. 

Sales are now averaging $200 a week! This business constantly amazes me. While I questioned whether it was worth it when I first started, there is no doubt my niches make real 💸

No comments:

Post a Comment