Google tag

Friday, February 2, 2018

Hearts and such

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I supplemented a heart-pieced remnant from mystery quilters here and a 50 cent bag of pieced remnants (shown below) from hospice thrift marrying well into this cute quilted cubicle cover. At first, I had my doubts about this piece because I used an incompatible fabric for a backing. Also, I had been used to working with cotton batting and was using up some polyester batting. I didn't mark my quilting lines either, I wanted to finish this quickly so it would be up before the 14th. 

I get such a kick out of seeing where my blog audience is from - seems I have recently added visitors from two new countries (to me) Africa and China. How exciting is that? Virtual hugs to all of my audience.

Kitschy ceramics call to me "take me home." A recent find was the Japanese-made garden girl ceramic on the left.  She matched my garden girl ceramic on the right.

I upgraded another piece of artwork - this time trading out one giclee print for another. Both are seascapes, both priced around $5, but the brighter one is heading back to thrift, while I am keeping the moodier 1967 piece.
Bold and bright - but too much
Vanguard Studios 1967 keeper
Linking up with Amanda Jean at crazymomquilts for Finish it up Friday.

Sending virtual hearts and flowers ~

No comments:

Post a Comment