Google tag

Saturday, February 3, 2018

We interrupt this program

Blogger All Out Celebration - my art streak continues!
Granted, at the turn of the New Year, I decided to concentrate my thrifting efforts on finding original artwork. A lofty goal? Yes. Worth every moment of slogging through marginal to downright bad creations (some of which will appear in my Weird and Wacky post in the upcoming April Alternative Challenge).

This 40 year old oil on canvas has some condition issues but who's to complain when the price I paid was $5 (half off day). Even after a good cleaning the frame was stained and the hanging wire falling off, so I removed it. The signature reads "Collins 1978."

The painting could use a good cleaning. It appeared as though it had been stored on the floor because there are tiny mouse scratches on the back of the bottom of the frame. 

I really am in awe of the incredibly amazing artwork I have found. Kisses to the thrift shop volunteers who don't know what they are pricing. If I amass enough of these gems, I may be able to sell them all and cruise around the world in my retirement. *grins* 

Tidbit for leetle quilting friends, at the same shop, my $1 bought some more patchwork pieces. I see another quilted cubicle cover in my future!
When I find artwork that I know I will cherish and enjoy for years to come, it is such a good feeling. It is hard to describe. 

If you are a thrifter, do you experience that happiness when you find something you have been looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment