Google tag

Monday, November 7, 2016

Scrappy tree project

I have the beginnings of idea to combine a scrappy Christmas tree wall hanging with thrifted brooches as decorations. Stay with me on this, I have seen the holiday quilted wall hangings and the black velvet backgrounds made of up pins and brooches, I want to combine the two.

Here is my pack 'o fabric courtesy of mystery quilter, all organized and neatly tied just for me! For the grand total of $2.50 I became the proud owner of this collection. The pins were purchased at Amador Hospice ranging in price from $1.00 to $2.50.


I will further embellish the fabric tree with my own holiday pin collection. This is the pattern I will loosely follow.

Here is one of those brooch Christmas trees, this one offered on Etsy.

I will update the post as I move along the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment